Today I’m creating a fun and easy Christmas mixed media canvas for Bella Crafts Publishing as a team member of their design team. I know I’m so ready to start decorating for Christmas, so of course I started with an art project. This is a fun and easy collage canvas that you can create for your own home decor or as a gift for a special person on your list.
Here is what I used:
- 8″ x 10″ canvas
- DecoArt DecouPage
- The Crafter’s Workshop Stencil TCW574 12″ x 12″ Mountain View
- The Crafter’s Workshop Stencil TCW518s 6″ x 6″ Mini Evergreens
- Americana Acrylic paint; Bleached Sand, French Grey Blue, Hauser Medium Green
- 7Gypsies Maritime scrapbook paper
- Canvas Corps French Script tissue paper
- archival ink pad
- letter stamps
- makeup sponges
- bubble wrap, plastic tube
- I first covered the 8″ x 10″ canvas with pieces of the scrapbook paper form 7Gypsies Maritime collection. This piece has a wonderful blue hue to it and a great map. I also used the french script tissue to start the look of snow hills on the bottom portion. Both were adhered with DecoArt DecouPage.
2. Using The Crafter’s Workshop stencil Mountain View and Bleached Sand acrylic paint I created more texture on the snow hills. I applied the paint with one of my favorite tools for paint, makeup sponge!
3. Next I created the trees in the snow scene. Using The Crafter’s Workshop mini evergreens stencil, Hauser medium green and bleached sand acrylic paint. I first applied the green paint, once dry I went back with the stencil and shifted it slightly lower than the original impression and applied the bleached sand to give it a snowfall look.
4. For the finishing touches I used some more of my favorite tools, bubble wrap and a plastic tube to add a snowfall effect and more texture. The merry and bright words were added with some alphabet stamps and archival ink.
You can stamp your own sentiment on the canvas to make it even more personalized.
I love to make gifts for my family and friends, this canvas is a great project just for that purpose.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, make sure and check back often for more Holiday inspirations.